Brevard County Household Used Sharps Collection Program
The disposal of sharps (including needles and lancets) in the trash or sewer is prohibited by law. Brevard County’s Household Used Sharps Program offers an approved method for the safe disposal of sharps generated by people who inject medication at home and to their pets. All residents who administer medication by injection at home should participate in this free program for the safety of all citizens and visitors to Brevard County.
Participation in the program is available at no additional cost to the home user. However, use of proper sharps containers is required to participate in this program.
No Cost to Participate
Brevard County offers an approved method for the safe disposal of sharps generated by people who inject medication at home. All residents who administer medication in this manner should participate in this program for the safety of all citizens and visitors
to Brevard County.
Disposing of sharps (including needles and lancets) in the trash or sewer is prohibited by law. Sharps containers are required for proper disposal of sharps and are available from collection sites and pharmacies throughout Brevard County.
Businesses and professionals are regulated under the state and federal biomedical waste laws and cannot participate in this program
How the Program Works
- Pick up a free approved sharps container available at any of the designated Collection sites or Distribution sites listed on the Distribution Sites page.
- Coffee cans, laundry detergent bottles, soda bottles, etc. are NOT acceptable containers for disposal.
- DO NOT overfill the container.
- Securely seal the container.
- Bring the full container to one of the Collection sites listed on the Sharps Collection Sites page. A new, empty container will be provided for each container disposed free.
- If no one is available at the site to assist you, please go to a different collection site or return another time. DO NOT leave sharps containers unattended.
For More Information Call: (321) 633-2042
When you bring your full sharps container to a Collection Site a new empty container will be provided for each container disposed.
Sharps Collection Sites
Sharps Drop-Off Disposal Interactive Map
Before taking your container to a collection site, please make sure you:
- Use an approved sharps container
- Do not overfill the container
- Securely seal the container
- Do not use coffee cans, laundry detergent, soda bottles, etc.
Reminder: Do Not Leave Your Container Unattended. If no one is available to assist you, please take your container to a different collection site or return at another time.