Community Report 20-096 March 31, 2021 7:15 PM
EOC Activation Day 390
The safest way to observe religious and spiritual holidays this year is to gather virtually, with people who live with you, or outside and at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Enjoy traditional meals with those who live with you.
- Pratice religious holiday customs at home.
- Prepare and deliver a meal to a neighbor.
- Watch virtual religious and cultural performances.
- Attend religious ceremonies virtually.
- If you plan to celebrate with others, outdoors is safer than indoors.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Florida Phase 1 Priorities (Revised 3/26, effective 3/29 per Executive Order 21-79)
- Long-Term Care Facility residents and staff
- Persons 40 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- Persons age 64-18 with determination of extreme vulnerability via a physician’s attestation form
Vaccine Operation Highlights
Florida Department of Health in Brevard, and the partners they support, have provided 67,481 vaccines since January 4, 2021
Governor DeSantis Executive Order 21-79 expanded minimum age of those eligible to now include individuals 40 years and older
- Effective Monday, April 5th, eligibility will be further expanded to include everyone 18 years and older
- Pfizer is the only vaccine approved by the FDA for those 16 to 17 years old and requires parental or legal guardian consent to be administered
- The state is working on developing additional guidance to vaccinate those individuals ages 16 & 17
- At this time there are no COVID-19 vaccines approved for anyone under the age of 16
- Appointments are still required via standard scheduling processes
Per the Florida Department of Health, the total number of residents vaccinated in Brevard County is
- 158,646 have received at least one dose
- 88,589 completed the full series
Per the Florida Department of Health, the percentage of Brevard County seniors who have received at least one dose:
- 65% of over the age of 65
- 47% of over the age of 50
As part of the Governor’s partnership with faith-based groups to reach underserved communities; the Church of Our Savior, the Church of the Blessed Redeemer, and the Brevard Hispanic Center collaborated to help vaccinate just under 600 people at
the Church of Our Savior in Palm Bay
The Florida Division of Emergency Management has launched a contact email for homebound seniors to register for the COVID-19 vaccine to be brought directly to them
To register, send your request and contact information to: HomeboundVaccine@em.myflorida.com
Brevard County Emergency Management COVID-19 Vaccine information
Department of Health Daily COVID-19 Vaccine Update/Report
CDC COVID -19 Vaccine information for You and Your Family
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Fact sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine information
Brevard County COVID-19 Vaccine distribution sites
Appointments are required for all locations
Brevard County COVID-19 Testing Sites
EFSC Palm Bay Campus (State Operated Site)
- Drive through, no appointment required
- Monday Sunday, 9 AM to 5 PM
- 250 Community College Parkway. (Use the entrance from San Filippo Dr. SE & Jupiter Blvd.)
- Testing available for adults and children of all ages
- Rapid antigen tests with results in as soon as 15 minutes now available
- Insurance information will be requested but is not required to receive a test
- There will be no copay or any fee charged
- Identification is no longer required but does expedite the process
- Appointment required, call 321-434-3131
- Monday Saturday, 9 AM to 12 PM
- Pro Health & Fitness, 255 Borman Drive, Merritt Island
Appointment required for locations, call 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699.
- Tuesday, 1:30 to 3:30 PM, at the Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot, 2210 Cheney Hwy, Titusville
- Wednesday, 12 PM to 3 PM, at the Greater St. James Missionary Baptist Church, grass lot south of church 2396 Harry T. Moore Ave. Mims
- Thursday, 12 PM to 1 PM, at the Harry T. Moore Social Services Center parking lot, 725 S. Deleon Ave. Titusville
- Friday, 9 AM to 12 PM, at the Parrish Medical Offices parking lot, 7075 US 1 Port St. John
- Saturday, 9AM to 11 AM, at the Gibson Youth Center parking lot, 835 Sycamore St. Titusville
COVID-19 Testing Sites are experiencing increased demand, longer lines and/or increased wait times may occur.
Community Partner Operations as of 3/26
|BPS Feeding Program||5.73 Million Meals Distributed (9/16/20 - 3/25/21)|
|Food Banks||15.2 Million Meals Distributed (as of 2/26/21)|
|Meals on Wheel program||8,101 Meals Distributed (as of 2/22/21 - 2/26/21)|
For information on food pantry locations and how to access additional help, utilize the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource guide.
Brevard County Public Schools continue to offer meals for all children up to 18 years old at various food distribution sites.
- BPS Food Program was extended to June 30, 2021
- Food distribution sites are open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at several local Brevard County Public School locations.
EOC Partner Status
Brevard County Updates
Brevard County Government has a limited amount of funds to assist families who have lost a loved one due to Coronavirus.
The application for the program is available at the Community Action Agency (Dr. Joe Lee Smith Community Center, 415 Stone Street, Cocoa, FL 32922), or via Brevard County’s Housing and Human Services website
Eligibility requirements include:
- Cause of death on the death certificate must be directly or indirectly related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Example of indirect –heart attack (main) exacerbated by coronavirus
- Brevard resident
- Household income must be below 150% of poverty ($39,300 for a family of 4)
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides financial assistance and housing stability services for those impacted by COVID-19
Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant is a resident of Brevard County.
- Applicant is at or below 80% of Area Median Income.
- The applicant must sign all required documents or their application will be rejected/denied.
- Documentation of all income from the entire Household as reported on the Household Income Section of the application (include 2 months of bank statements, pay stubs, etc., or a 2020 tax return (IRS Form 1040)).
- All members of a household must be accounted for in the application.
- For applications filled out by hand, please make sure that the writing is clear and legible.
State and National Updates
Per the Florida Division of Emergency Management, State supported COVID-19 vaccine and testing sites Easter Sunday schedule:
- All State supported vaccine sites will be open on April 4
- All state supported testing sites will be closed on April 4
Each of the four federally-supported vaccine sites (Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami), are now administering 3,000 first doses per day of the Pfizer vaccine and have extended their operations until May 26
Per the White House COVID-19 Response Team, the Federal Retail Pharmacy program will be doubling the number of participating pharmacies by April 15, aiming to have 90 % of Americans live within 5 miles of vaccination site
Per the CDC, as of March 31, more than 150 million doses of vaccines have been administered in the United States and 29% of the entire United States population over the age of 18 have been vaccinated.
The CDC launched a COVID-19 pregnancy registry, to learn more about COVID19 vaccination during pregnancy. People who choose to enroll in the registry will be contacted several times throughout their pregnancy for additional health check-ins.
To register: V-Safe.cdc.gov
Per the CDC, fully vaccinated individuals can gather indoors with other fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask and donot need to isolate if exposed to someone who has COVID-19 unless living in a group setting.
Brevard County Emergency Management is also providing updates via the following social media accounts:
Text Message Updates: Text BrevardEOC to 888-777
State / National