Central Disposal Facility
Brevard County's Solid Waste Department Central Disposal Facility is located at 2250 Adamson Road in Cocoa, Florida. This facility has both a landfill and household hazardous waste collection center.
Central Disposal Facility Landfill
- Boats (no motors, fuel, or tanks)
- Garbage-Household & Commercial
- Land Clearing Debris
- Metal Scraps
- Paint cans-empty
- Rear projection TVs
- Treated Wood (CCA) *
- Untreated wood waste/Lumber
- White Goods
- Wood Pallets
- Yard Waste
* Treated Wood (CCA) is wood treated with chemicals to protect the wood from rotting due to insects and microbial agents (typically includes decks, docks, fences, playground and landscaping timbers, utility poles and railroad ties).
Require pre-disposal approval.
- Animal carcasses
- Containers >20 gallons
- Petroleum Contaminated Soil
- Treated Biomedical Waste
- Ammunition, flares, etc.
- Batteries (Auto, lithium, rechargeable)
- CRTs (TVs, Monitors)-Commercial
- Electronics/Brown Goods
- Fluorescent Lamps-Commercial
- Hazardous Waste
- Liquid waste
- Mercury Containing Devices
- Motor Vehicles
- PCB wastes
- Pressurized cylinders
- Propane tanks
- Sharps (needles, lancets, etc.) **
- Untreated Biomedical Waste
** Home user sharps accepted at the Central Disposal Facility Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center
Open: Monday - Saturday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Accepted Waste - Household Only
- Automotive and Boat Batteries
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze, oil, etc.)
- Drain Cleaners
- Fluorescent lamps (intact)
- Fungicides, Pesticides
- Mercury devices (thermometers, etc.)
- Oil filters
- Paints. Stains, Sealers
DISCLAIMER: This information is subject to change at any time upon the discretion of the Solid Waste Management Department.