Workgroup for Innovative Solar Energy Resources
The Workgroup for Innovative Solar Energy Resources (WISER) is a commission-appointed group that has been tasked to:
- Develop a cost-benefit analysis and plan for County government to transition to clean-energy sources.
- Make recommendations on improving public access to economically beneficial clean-energy technology.
- Identify policies and practices that serve as barriers to the adoption of advanced energy technology within the County, and make recommendations on policy revisions.
There are five primary appointees, one from each commission district, and an alternate from district 4. WISER appointees are as follows:
- District 1 Appointee – Bill Young
- District 2 Appointee – John Constantinide (Vice Chair)
- District 3 Appointee – Bill DeBusk, Jr.
- District 4 Appointee – Nick Sanzone (Chair); District 4 Alternate – Bruce Lindsay
- District 5 Appointee – Kimberly Newton
See the Public Meeting Calendar for meeting dates and login access.
Note: All dates subject to change without prior notice.
Documents Available by Request
- FP&L USEC Response
- Brevard County Facilities Inventories
- Florida Rooftop Solar Presentation by Bill Young - 8/13/2020
- WISER Presentation 2.0 by Bill Debusk - 08/11/2020
- Cape Canaveral Environmental Stewardship Brochure
- Florida Renewable Energy Association Solar Tour Information
- Energy Performance-Debt Payments (xlsx)
- Brevard County Facilities Department Investment Grade Audit (pdf)
- Brevard County Libraries Investment Grade Audit (pdf)
- Goal 1A Cost Benefit Analysis Tool
- Goal 1A Cost Benefit Analysis Outline
- Goal 1B Transition to Clean Energy Plan
- Goal 1B Transition to Clean Energy Plan Outline
- Goal 3 Barriers to Clean Energy Technology Outline
Brevard County is currently in the process of implementing changes to increase the accessibility of information and documents on its website. If you require assistance to better access these documents or information contained therein please contact the County’s ADA Coordinator by phone at (321)-637-5347 or by email at ADACompliance@brevardfl.gov
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® DC is free software you can use to read and access the information contained within PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC contains many capabilities specifically designed to make it easier for people with disabilities to read PDF files, regardless of whether the files have been optimized for accessibility. It leverages accessibility functions built into Windows® and Mac OS systems and allows adjustment of user preferences to optimize the reading experience for a variety of disabilities.