Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
The eleven member Affordable Housing Advisory Committee was created to review policies & procedures, ordinances, and land development regulations that affect the production of affordable housing. The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee makes recommendations to the BOCC regarding funding and policies that encourage the facilitation of affordable housing development. All members are appointed for a two year term.
- A citizen who actively serves on the local planning agency pursuant to s. 163.3174. If the local planning agency is comprised of the governing board of the county or municipality, the governing board may appoint a designee who is knowledgeable in the local planning process.
- A citizen who is actively engaged in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing.
The committee meets once each month, at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays at the Government Center in Viera. All members are appointed at large by the BOCC. Interested parties should contact Brevard County Housing and Human Services at (321) 633-2076 for additional information and/or an application.
Board was formed: March, 1993.
Mandated By: County Commission Resolution.
- To review established policies and procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, the adopted Comprehensive Plan of Brevard County.
- To make recommendations on specific initiatives to encourage the facilitation of affordable housing development.
- To make funding recommendations to the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners for the development and sustainability of affordable housing for low and moderate income persons in Brevard County.
Membership: 11 members representing banking, real estate, essential service personnel, employers, local planning board members, local resident, residential construction, affordable housing, persons with disabilities, and members at large.
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee meets the third Thursday of every month throughout the year. These meetings are open to the public. Any individuals wishing to speak regarding an agenda item must complete a speaker's card for each agenda item they wish to comment on. They will be allowed three minutes to complete their comments for each item for which a card was completed.
- Corey Lancaster
- Verdell Shackleford
- Marvin Shelton
- Brenda Burton
- Carole Williams-Hayes
- Cynthia Matthews
- Ronnie Brewer
- Josh Thompson
- Mark Broms
For More Information
Brevard County is currently in the process of implementing changes to increase the accessibility of information and documents on its website. If you require assistance to better access these documents or information contained therein please contact the County’s ADA Coordinator by phone at (321)-637-5347 or by email at ADACompliance@brevardfl.gov
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® DC is free software you can use to read and access the information contained within PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC contains many capabilities specifically designed to make it easier for people with disabilities to read PDF files, regardless of whether the files have been optimized for accessibility. It leverages accessibility functions built into Windows® and Mac OS systems and allows adjustment of user preferences to optimize the reading experience for a variety of disabilities.