Stay up to date on the latest Brevard County happenings, collaborate on solutions and speak out on the issues that matter to you. Because the more engaged you are, the better off we all are. Follow us today!
Under Florida law, all content on these Social Media pages are subject to the public records law, Chapter 119, Florida Statutes. By becoming a fan of these pages, posting comments or messaging these pages, your information will be a matter of public record. Brevard County is required to retain this information in accordance with the State of Florida retention schedule. This may include information on your own page.
Accounts by Social Network
Brevard County recognizes and appreciates the rights of all members of our online community to free speech and freedom of expression. The page and all comments posted, however, are regularly monitored by administrators and, while comments will not be edited by County personnel, a comment may be removed from public view if it violates the social media policy described herein.
Comments must be related to the posted topic for the social media page or post. The social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or for service requests.
The following is prohibited on all Brevard County social media pages:
- Any use of social media that does not comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, or with the County’s policies set forth in this document and elsewhere.
- Graphic, crude, obscene, defamatory, threatening, sexually prurient, or explicit or racial comments or submissions.
- Abusive, aggressive, hateful, or harassing language.
- Attempts to defame or defraud any person(s), financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- Personal attacks or offensive comments that advocate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Comments not topically related to the content being commented on
- Content that violates intellectual property or copyright laws.
- Anything that contains confidential information or personally identifiable information.
- Commercial solicitations or advertisements including promotions or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency unless on behalf of the County.
- Statements that endanger public health, safety and security or statements that encourage, provide advice for or solicit the commission of a criminal act.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Anything that contains confidential information that compromises the security of County networks or information systems.
- Links to external sites that fall under one of the aforementioned categories.
- Do not post anything that can identify the victim of an accident (person’s name or image, vehicle license plate, etc.)
Any individual accessing, browsing, and using a Brevard County social media site – whether as a visitor or an administrator – unequivocally accepts the social media policies (hereafter “Policies”) set forth in this document. These terms and conditions apply only to the Social Media sites (defined here as third party hosted online platforms that facilitate social interaction and dialogue, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that are managed by Brevard County and its departments.
Brevard County operates and maintains its Social Media sites as a public service to provide information about County programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities. Brevard County assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these Social Media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the Social Media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent or error-free.